User talk:Thumani Mabwe
- 1 Physics neShona
- 2 Chinangwa
- 3 Exelent job
- 4 Translation
- 5 Doubt
- 6 Good job!
- 7 Interwiki
- 8 Disambig
- 9 Amphibians
- 10 Translation
- 11 Words
- 12 Chi Shona
- 13 Europe
- 14 namespaces
- 15 Translation
- 16 Article translation/collaboration request
- 17 Request for Help, please
- 18 Template:User sn-0
- 19 Page blankings
- 20 Countries
- 21 "AIDS" translation
- 22 Translated logo for this wiki
- 23 Help
- 24 Particle
- 25 Organizing a workshop for training people to write Wikipedia articles in chiShona
- 26 Shona spelling of Wikipedia
- 27 Update on Upcoming Wiki Indaba Conference
- 28 Template
- 29 Is this the correct spelling?
- 30 Countries
- 31 Languages
- 32 Can you check my articles?
- 33 Translation
- 34 Share your experience and feedback as a Wikimedian in this global survey
- 35 Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey
- 36 Added images and wikilinks
Physics neShona[edit source]
Physics ruzivo runodzidzisa pamusoro: pezvinhu zvinobatika, zvinonzwikwa, nezvinoonekwa; uye kufamba kwezvinhu pachinanganidzwa nekufambawo kwenguva nenzvimbo. Physics inobatawo zvidzidzo pamusoro pebasa uye simba.
Chinangwa chechidzidzo chino kududzira neChiShona zvinoreva mashoko ari kuScience anotsanangudza kuitwa kwebasa. Tichange tichionesana kuti chinonzi basa chii kana tiri kuScience.
Gunganidzo (Gravity, gunga)
Exelent job[edit source]
Hello! Thank you for doing a great job writing articles here, before you this project was died. I just want suggest you also to write not only about Physics but something about Shona/Zimbabwean culture, geography, nature. I think it is very important. Greetings from Lithuania, Hugo.arg 18:40, 30 Gunyana 2011 (UTC)
- Hi. How would you say "Wikipedia. The Free Encyclopedia"? I would try to upload a new logo at Shona language instead of current English. Hugo.arg 08:36, 4 Gumiguru 2011 (UTC)
- You're doing an excellent job in this Wikipedia! Could you translate also article about literature, history and geography please? In that way, this Wikipedia will be more complete. Thanks a lot for what you're doing in here. --Jeneme 15:05, 4 Gumiguru 2011 (UTC)
Thumani - great work! Maita henyu! Please continue the great work
How do you say "family" in Shona? --Jeneme 14:30, 5 Gumiguru 2011 (UTC)
Could you translate the following articles into Shona please?
The Age of Reason; Being an Investigation of True and Fabulous Theology is a deistic pamphlet, written by eighteenth-century British radical and American revolutionary Thomas Paine, that criticizes institutionalized religion and challenges the legitimacy of the Bible, the central sacred text of Christianity.
The Book of Mormon is a sacred text of the Latter Day Saint movement that adherents believe contains writings of ancient prophets who lived on the American continent from approximately 2600 BC to AD 421. It was first published in March 1830 by Joseph Smith, Jr. as The Book of Mormon: An Account Written by the Hand of Mormon upon Plates Taken from the Plates of Nephi. (Bhuku Ramorimoni)
Africa is the world's second largest and second most populous continent, after Asia. At about 30.2 million km² (11.7 million sq mi) including adjacent islands, it covers 6% of the Earth's total surface area and 20.4% of the total land area. With 1.0 billion people (as of 2009, see table) in 61 territories, it accounts for about 14.72% of the world's human population.
Thanks --Jeneme 13:20, 9 Gumiguru 20 11 (UTC)
Good job![edit source]
Look at the graph of the Shona Wikipedia --> http://www.wikistatistics.net/wiki/sn/articles/365
You have done an amazing amount of work in two months. Good job. --MarsRover 08:48, 17 Gumiguru 2011 (UTC)
- I think it isn't a big problem, a lot of users check and add interwikies, images here. Hugo.arg 15:33, 17 Gumiguru 2011 (UTC)
If there are some objects with different names it's better to create redirect instead of making duplicate. You can make it by adding # redirect [[article name]] like I did here . Hugo.arg 19:44, 29 Gumiguru 2011 (UTC)
Could you translate the following phrases?
X is a country of Africa. X is a country of Europe. X is a country of Asia.
Could you translate the following words?
- History of Zimbabwe
- Architecture --Jeneme (talk) 17:18, 3 Chikumi 2012 (UTC)
Chi Shona[edit source]
Please, could you translate the following text to Shona?
The Book of Mormon is a sacred text of the Latter Day Saint movement that adherents believe contains writings of ancient prophets who lived on the American continent from approximately 2200 BC to AD 421. It was first published in March 1830 by Joseph Smith as The Book of Mormon: An Account Written by the Hand of Mormon upon Plates Taken from the Plates of Nephi.
Article translation/collaboration request[edit source]
Hi Thumani Mabwe, how are you? Mate, I am trying to find an editor/s who can help by translating User:Russavia/Polandball into Shona. I was wondering if we could make a collaborative trade?
If you could translate that article into Shona for me, I would be happy to upload approximately 50 Zimbabwean aviation photos to Commons from amongst the 200,000 I have permission to upload. I have uploaded a number of photos to give you a brief idea of what I can upload, and I am keeping a gallery at User:Russavia of photos uploaded.
Request for Help, please[edit source]
Greetings Mr Thumani Mabwe,
Nice to meet you.
Could you kindly help me translate these passages into the unique and superb Shona language? please
- "Jesus Christ, the Word who became flesh, died on the cross for the redemption of sinners, resurrected on the third day and ascended to heaven. He is the only Saviour of mankind, the Creator of the heavens and earth, and the only true God".
- "The Holy Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments, is inspired by God, the only scriptural truth, and the standard for Christian living".
- "Salvation is given by the grace of God through faith. Believers must rely on the Holy Spirit to pursue holiness, to honour God, and to love humanity".
- P.S. There is no chiShona article at present?
There was a ChiShona article before and someone deleted it.
Page blankings[edit source]
There were complaints from some Shona speaking people about the content of those articles.
- Hi Thumani, in relation to the blankings, although this is chiShona Wikipedia, there are several tenets of the overall project that are not negotiable, most important being en:Wikipedia:NOTCENSORED#Wikipedia_is_not_censored. Unless edits are clearly vandalism, which I doubt they are due to your own authorship, objections over suitability of content should not override the fact that Wikipedia is not censored. I would suggest unblanking the pages, and perhaps write a page in chiShona explaining the fact that WP isn't censored. Russavia (talk) 02:32, 10 Mbudzi 2012 (UTC)
How do I unblank
- Hi Thumani, I have unblanked the two pages for you. So that you know how to do this in future, if you look at the page history, next to each edit you will see the "undo" option. Simply use that option, and it will revert the changes to the previous version. Russavia (talk) 16:58, 18 Mbudzi 2012 (UTC)
"AIDS" translation[edit source]
Will give it a try though it may take time.
- Thank you, I hope it will help people from Zimbabwe and Mozambique find helpful information. You can just translate the simple version (simple:AIDS) if it's easier for you, but en:AIDS has more information. PiRSquared17 (talk) 04:19, 15 Kurume 2013 (UTC)
Translated logo for this wiki[edit source]
Hello! We have noticed that your wiki's current logo is not translated. We are trying to help Wikipedias get a localised logo, by taking the technical difficulties on us. We currently don't know how to translate "Wikipedia" and "The Free Encyclopedia" to the language of this wiki: it would be really helpful if you could just add the correct translations to the list of logos or tell us on its talk. When we have them, we'll create and enable the logo for you. Feel free to translate this message and to move/copy/forward it where appropriate. Thanks, Nemo 01:45, 16 Kurume 2013 (UTC)
Hi! Could you please translate this into Shona? It is to give information in Ido Wikipedia.
Welcome to the Ido Wikipedia. Ido was first known as reformed Esperanto and was created in 1907 after seven years of deliberation by a committee of professors and linguists. You may notice that Ido looks somewhat like Esperanto, but with a number of differences including a complete lack of diacritical marks, the use of the letter 'q', along with many of the words themselves. If you are studying Ido and want to write for our Wikipedia, feel free! There are people here to correct your Ido should you make a mistake. Just use the Template:Revizo tag whenever you think your article could use some grammatical revision. The main site for the Ido language is located here, Ido publications are located here. A complete list of sites in Ido on the internet is located here. Lastly, the main reasons for choosing Ido over the more well-known Esperanto are summed up in this article.
How do you translate 'ku-' into English? I've seen that you write that in all the articles (X which means Y kuEnglish). I would like to askl you too if it would be posible to write 'X which means Y kuChirungu', as it appears like that on its article. Thanks for your help. --Chabi1 (talk) 11:54, 3 Chivabvu 2013 (UTC)
Organizing a workshop for training people to write Wikipedia articles in chiShona[edit source]
Marara sei. Would you be willing to help Zimbabwe Reads initiative run a workshop for training people to write Wikipedia articles in chiShona? Please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org Super Tatenda!
Shona spelling of Wikipedia[edit source]
Hi Thumani, which one of these is correct translation of Wikipedia?
Update on Upcoming Wiki Indaba Conference[edit source]
Hello Sir. My name is Rexford Nkansah, currently serving as a Wikipedian in Residence at the Africa Centre in Cape Town.
The Wikimedia Foundation has shared with us the incredible number of edits that you have done on this Wikipedia. You have are one of those with the high contribution to this Wikipedia.
As one of the highest contributors to one of the languages of the African continent, I want to inform you about the upcoming Wiki Indaba Conference which is similar to Wikimania, however, its designed by Africans for Africans.
This message is to inform you about scholarship to attend application currently open. You're invited to apply for scholarship to attend this conference.
Please see the main Wiki Indaba Website for more details on Eligibility and Deadline – look at www.wikiindaba.net for more details. And like the facebook page for updates.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch should you have any questions.
Hi! I would like to create a template for countries. Could you please translate this into ChiShona?
- Coat of arms
- Official languages
I have not learned how to use Talk pages so I'll just reply here in the hope that User Katxis sees this or someone who knows directs the user here.
- Name: Zita reNyika
- Flag: Mureza weNyika
- Coat of Arms: Hanzu yeChipiko (This is my best translation, I am not aware of any other phrase used for this).
- Map: Mepu
- Capital: Guta Guru
- Official Languages: Mitauro yekuMatare
- Area: Nharaunda
- Population: Hugari hweVanhu
- Population Density: Tsinhano yeHugari (This is my best translation, I am not aware of any other phrase used for this).
Is this the correct spelling?[edit source]
Greetings. I was browsing when I came across https://sn.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:RecentChanges, titled "Zvaba Kuchinjwa", should it be perhaps "Zvabva Kuchinjwa"? Part (talk) 16:53, 29 Mbudzi 2015 (UTC)
- The correct spelling is Zvabva Kuchinjwa
Can you check my articles?[edit source]
Hi. I used a translation tool to write a few articles here. See category:Sweden. Its four cities, two monarchs/kings and two newspapers. Can you please check that?
Also I wonder if all geographical articles on shona should have English names or not. If there is a special shona name for Sweden, New York etc or not.
Usually the countries in wikipedia are put in a category with the same name. So, for example, Sweden is put in the category:Sweden. Which in turn is put in the category:Countries in Europe. I started to make the same categorisation in shona. To make it right from the beginning. I hope that was ok. Can you check that also.
As well as the Category:Scandinavia, which I put in the category:Regions in Europe (hopefully with the right shona name). Scandinavia is the region in the North of Europe, as you know, and there are also other regions in Europe except the countries. Balkan, for example, and the Baltic countries.
Cities like London and Paris and Stockholm should definitelly also be put in categories with their own name. It may take some years, but some day you will have even undercategories from "Paris", "Stockholm", "Lagos" etc. Like, for example, category:Museums in Paris, and public transport in London.
In Swedish wikipedia even smaller cities such as Umeå has their own categories with undercategories. For example: Sport in Umeå. To make similar in shona could for example be done like this: First an article on the best football club in Harare. This could be put in the categories Football Clubs in Zimbabwe, and Sport in Harare, and so on.
If you, or anyone else, want to work a bit more on the Swedish royal family, I recommend an article on Silvia, the Swedish queen, and "Gustav Vasa", a famous king from the past. "House of Bernadotte" is a Swedish/European royal family, and a very suitable category. See English wp for more on that. --Mats33 (talk) 19:21, 7 Ndira 2017 (UTC)
- This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
- Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.
Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey[edit source]
(Sorry to write in English)
Hi Thumani Mabwe
I added images in several articles you have crieted and also I linked them with the others Wikipedia, using the tecnical name of the plants, but if you think something is wrong please delete.